Public Abattoir... here little sheepy sheep...

So I went to the abattoir. Not shopping, just snapping... shots. Now this is the market where you browse the meat selection while it still has a pulse. Puts Sobeys meat counter to shame. But it also makes you a little "too" aware of what is on your plate. Not that I am dishing up some mutton anytime soon. On the contrary.

Went to the market and the workers were more than helpful. They insisted on having me pet the camels and take shots inside their cages. Camels are amazing looking creatures. Oh that perma smile, the dazed eyes and awkward gait. Makes you laugh...

Here... so much easier to follow with pictures... what, 1000 words and all that jazz...


Hi. I'm your overly friendly camel stall tour guide. Want to wear my sweaty headpiece? Really, I don't mind.... Ewwwwwww. He did try to put it on my head. I politely refused with a look of abject horror on my face. But he was kind enough to take me in to see this five day old camel. The mom was having none of it and kept the baby as far away from me as possible. I respected her wishes. Hey, she was in a cage... let's give her some respect.


Niiiiiiiice camel. Nice 50,000 dirham camel. I keep pulling back because it keeps wanting to get closer. Nooo thank you Mr. Camel. I saw you on that pack of smokes. Seriously, wise men rode in on these things?!

Mama and baby from another angle. So cute. That little gaffer could hardly stand up. She (mom) is decorated for the coming Muslim festival over here.


Hey.... nice Lexus. Oh wait. Is that the model that holds two sheep comfortably in the trunk? Oh, sorry, this is the model that holds them in a state of complete terror until the meet their halal end. Oh, sweet ride.



You in there little sheep? Watch your head... I'm slamming this sucker closed now. Be good mutton.


Hey! Nothing to see here... just some sheep in the trunk. C'mon, everyone's got some...
And boys and girls, that was my afternoon at the Public Abattoir.

Comments

Popular Posts