The Best Laid Plans...

I'm neither a mouse nor a man but I have plans... and ideas, thoughts, hopes and slight stress. Let's hope mine do not go oft awry.

I have 15 sleeps before I leave Troy. I think I am ready. The realization that, in actuality, I am not will most likely occur the night before when sleep eludes me. Just a thought. Not sure what more I can do to be ready... I think I just have to let it happen.

What do I expect... hmmm. First, to be overwhelmed. By heat, by crowds (Downtown Troy is not a metropolis, sorry fellow Troy'ers), smells, sand, and exhaustion. I expect to be feeling a little lost, but in a good way. There is a comfort to being lost sometimes. Let's hope I find that comfort.

Here is my plan upon arrival: Find the man holding the sign that says "Joy Ashford" as soon as possible and be mortified. Pray for my luggage (to whatever god gets it there), and get something to eat before the aforementioned man drops me off at my apartment. Once there, sweet, sweet sleep is my hope. No alarm clock awaits me the next morning...

That's day one. Considering plans oft go awry, day two is a mystery.

Comments

Popular Posts