Expats...

... a person temporarily or permanently residing in a country and culture other than that of the person's upbringing or legal residence. The word comes from the Latin ex (out of) and patria (country, fatherland)... shout out to Wikipedia.

Yes. I am one of the above now. And somehow, not sure how, I feel the need to have an accent. Maybe it was the lady at the pub tonight cheering for Burnley with such a passion. Or maybe it was Nathan, the lovely English fellow who took us under his drunken wing with his Shane McGowan teeth and penchant for beer... either way, shite it is.

We danced tonight... the fabulous band (eek... Placemats I think) made all of our toes tap and we HAD to get up. Lovely that the bandmember told my friend and I that if two girls kissed English men MIGHT stop watching "football"... we were not fooled.

Company was fabulous tonight... discussed everthing from Israel to the Boers. Then had a beer and made plans for a lovely supper out tomorrow.

Did I mention I love the expatriate lifestyle?

Now I am showered and soooooo ready for bed, and the last day of this first week back...

Cheers all...
Insha'Allah
Joy

Comments

  1. Loving that you are enjoying yourself, have found a few friends to enjoy a pint with, and have been dancing... all in your first week. Did i really expect anything less. Im also enjoying your blog... its what I ready first thing in the am, so if you don't update it, im somewhat sad.. like my coffee isnt just right. lets skype on Sunday night if that works for you?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts