First Day of School

Well for starters it was on a Sunday, that's a new feeling. We were picked up by the teacher bus at 7:15 -there is something ironic about a group of teachers arriving at work on a bus- and got to the school by 7:50. The kids were already arriving... being led into the gym where they were lined up by class. It was pretty easy to spot the jr highs, they were desperately trying to distance themselves from clingy moms. My homeroom this year is grade 8, and there was a whopping 7 of them. And wow are they quiet! And shy. And sweet. Luckily I think Diego and Mohammed get my sense of humour. Some of them are still trying to figure me out. It's mutual. I have 5 grade 9s and 12 grade 7s... those numbers are going to grow. I guess we keep taking kids in until spring. Excellent. BUT, I am on my Ramadan schedule now... that means school starts at 8:30 and dismisses at 12:50... 20 more days of that. Ramadan Kareem!

First impressions... they are very innocent and very sweet. I also have the sons of 4 pilots so I am learning what airline I SHOULD be flying (Etihad).

Oh my classroom here is also very cool, bordering on cold. The a/c seems to be overactive in my room... the solution? Open the window and the 50 degree humid air spills in to warm everyone. Gotta love windows.

Now it's almost time for Day Three... the day I move. My clothes are all repacked and at some point this afternoon I am moving to my new apartment... new blog to follow. With pictures!

Sorry for the communication gap... I will try to be more diligent.

Comments

Popular Posts