What I am not missing...

OK, I am not homesick, not as of yet. It might happen, it might not. But I have noticed, especially this morning, that I am specifically NOT missing some things...

Wal-Mart... the blue vest and smiley face is absent in this fine nation and somehow I am comforted by this. Weird, I know, considering I rarely frequent that box establishment.

TV... there really isn't ever anything to watch and it's kinda liberating. Mind you, I know it's August and the new seasons of favourite shows have not begun. But for right now... ahhhhh.

Expensive cab fares... you can travel a massive distance for 30 dirham (roughly 10 dollars). Of course the downside is you are putting your life in the hands of a disenfranchised worker.

Shoddy public washrooms... I think someone should write a book on the standard of excellence to which bathrooms in this nation are held. If I thought a coffee table book might be viable I'd be taking pictures like mad. As it is, trust me.

Ambivalent customer service... It doesn't ever happen here! Or at least not where I have been shopping.

Ill-placed cup holders in the movie theatre... Oh and you pick your seat in the theatre when you buy your ticket. Just like concert seating... also, very comfortable seating. Just don't go during the fasting hours of Ramadan because the concession is closed. I think I just watched my first popcorn free movie. Sheesh.


Of course there are many things I miss... creature comforts. But I am doing my best to embrace the new world surrounding me. I'll start taking more pictures this weekend!

Cheers!

Comments

  1. The kids are gonna miss you on Tuesday!
    Glad all is swell!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, there is a sign posted outside of the Garrison that say.. Where is Joy? we miss her and her debit card.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts