Well vacation is over...

I "worked" today... The school vans came to pick up all 14 of us from the hotel to go to the school at 8:30am. I managed another fabulous breakfast of fruit and veal bacon (swear I am addicted) and carrot juice before we rushed out into the sweat blanket... that's my new phrase for the humidity... because you feel like you are wrapped up in something and then you realize, oh, sweat blanket. The school is about a 30 min drive from where we are staying. Interesting sights on the way; car accidents, mid traffic "conversations" and construction line the route. Really, don't ask me for directions... I can't even find North here. Like right now, I think I am facing South but, I wouldn't bet on it.

The school is beautiful... the only surprises I received today were good ones. My classroom is waiting to be loved by me but that comes in the next two weeks. There are a lot of youngins in this school. Embrace the snot Joy, embrace. Did I mention the school is huge? It's huge. I won't get lost but I'll enjoy the stroll from my room down around to the staff lounge. It was really interesting to meet the people I have corresponded with via email for the last few months... it's always better to talk in person. So, we toured, got a brief itinerary for the next two weeks and then they took us on a driving tour of the city...

Ahhhh the city. It is beautiful, in a very fast, sandy, white, and hazy way. Water has never looked so inviting... and I am pretty fond of my ocean.

Following the tour, we went to the mall so other teachers could get cell phones. I bought a pair of sneakers. New city, new shoes. That's my rule. And I am going to the gym upstairs as soon as I finish this update. Sadly, my sneakers are not New Balance... they are Nike. Let's see if the swoosh makes me faster.

Tonight a couple of us are going to go to a hotel pub and take in quiz night... you know me, sucker for trivia and if I HAVE to go to a pub for it, well, that's the price I'll have to pay. Haha...

OH... here's news... I unpacked. After driving by our unfinished apartments I am thinking I might be here for "awhile"... I am ok with that. Really, I have accepted that few of the coming occurances are in my control. Serenity now...

Much love to you all...
Joyous

New friend Talia and, well, that's me... at the mall.

Comments

  1. Loving the updates and loving that you are adjusting so well to life, work, sweat blankets, etc. Keep the updates coming!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts