“Not all those who wander are lost” Tolkien

I am not lost. But I am far from found at this point...

Bags are checked (grossly overweight indeed) all the way to Abu Dhabi, carry on is beside me and boarding passes are in hand. Still need to pick up one in London but I hear Heathrow is a breeze. Note: Dripping sarcasm. Also chugging XXX Vitamin Water like it's the last beverage on Earth.

Just think (and hope), in 24 hrs this is all a memory and I'll be in AD.

I love people watching in airports. To my left there was just a young couple looking to be on the same standby list because they are getting married... he thought (this is him talking to the Air Canada lady) that since they were getting married they should arrive together. My question: what couple flies for a destination wedding standby? Oh well... then there was the young French girl who came to ask me if I would charge her iPod for her because she had a 4 hour flight. OK. Trusting enough though, she left me with her iPod for a decent amount of running time... Who else have I noticed... hmmmm... I think the man wearing swimming trunks, a teeshirt and flipflops shouldn't be carrying just a leather briefcase, but he is. But, the highlight was the security check man who told me about the woman who misunderstood him when he asked her to take her belt off and she started taking off her pants. He loves his job.

Sooooo... Halifax to Montreal... then Montreal to London... tea with the Queen, followed by a 7 hour flight to Abu Dhabi. I think I can get it all in.

Sidenote: Just saw a Regis Philbin ringer. Yikes. No Joy or Kelly with him so I am thinking just a stroke of unfortunate luck for that fellow.

I am going to drink an ice cold Keiths before I board for Montreal. It's my send off to myself. The Inn had it right with this quote... "Comradeship and serious joy are not interludes in our travel; but . . .rather our travels are interludes in comradeship and joy... The inn does not point to the road; the road points to the inn. And all roads point at last to an ultimate inn, where we shall meet... and when we drink again it shall be from the great flagons in the tavern at the end of the world." (shoutout to Chesterton)

Cheers...

Comments

  1. aaaahhhhh.....that's still my favorite bar in the world ever :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts